This commodities trading training course focuses on the major commodities within the Agricultural, Base Metal and energy sectors. Emphasis is placed on the supply and demand for the products, the price drivers and producer hedges including the use of Derivatives.
- Physical commodities traders tend to enjoy high median/average income
- During recent years due to higher volatility in commodities prices we observe strong sector growth
- Interesting work, trading physically involves aspects of international trade, financial markets (derivatives, swaps, trade finance), market research & analysis, understanding of macro economy and geopolitics, applying foreign languages, negotiation skills, and psychology on a daily basis, working with all modes of logistics (starting from ocean going vessels and ending on rail),
- Trading centers (locations with highest concentration of commodities trading companies) are situated in attractive locations worldwide as London, Geneva, Singapore. Working in this industry significantly increases your chances of re-locating there.
- Good possibilities to travel on business to exotic places, work with people from around the world on daily basis.
- You acquire versatile skills – if you know how to trade grain you will know how to trade oil – and vice versa
- You gain transferable skills – with experience in physical commodities trading you can land a job in finance/analytics/general trade/logistics more easily
- Performance based – position of a trader usually entails base salary and a bonus based solely on your ability to conclude profitable deals.
- For thinkers and doers – you need to multi task in dynamic environment from day one, but in order to perform well you also need to know how to collect and analyze big volumes of information.
- Time effective, you can learn fundamentals of trading during one month course. Considerably shorter than you would spend learning how to program in C#. While the compensation level of average trader tends to be equal or higher from your average software developer.
- Trading is approachable to people from many backgrounds – math, history or business graduates start from the similar position while learning how to trade commodities.
- Break into a closed circle. Once it was difficult to enter physical trading. Necessary skills were learned on the job. Very few companies made a decision to sacrifice time and resources to teach trading to random entry level employees. Commodities Academy makes the skills available to all interested parties.